Digital asset mining firm Core Scientific mined a complete of 1,044 bitcoin in December, taking its complete for the 12 months to five,769.
- As of the tip of the 12 months, Core Scientific held 5,296 BTC (roughly $248 million at present costs), in keeping with an announcement Wednesday.
- The complete of 5,769 BTC in 2021 comfortably exceeds these of Bitfarms and Marathon Digital who each made comparable bulletins Monday, having mined 3,452 and three,197 respectively. For December, Bitfarms mined 363 bitcoins, whereas Marathon mined 484.5.
- Core Scientific operates round 67,000 ASICS mining machines, representing a hashrate of 6.6 EH/s.
- Last July, the agency introduced it could be going public through a merger value $4.3 billion with particular objective acquisition firm Power & Digital Infrastructure Acquisition.
- Power & Digital shareholders can be requested to offer their approval to the merger at a particular assembly on Jan. 19.
Read extra: Core Scientific to Build 300MW Blockchain Data Center in Texas